Whoo. I feel pretty good. My first goal's story-set is "Completing Stories" and Monday night at about 4am, I wrote the final words for my first story in the set. With 2k written Sunday night and almost 2k written Monday night, my first (still titleless) short comes in at 3,612 words and completed (and rather nicely, if I do say so myself). Good thing I got it finished, too, because the end of the week/weekend we had my stepsisters...and boy are they annoying.

What am I doing next week? Hell if I know. Another adventure for Audi, since I've decided to link the first set's stories by the MC (who is a sassy kelpie with dreams of being an airship captain...but who fails at controlling her urge to kill). I decided to go with something fun for my first 4 weeks, because the second set is gonna kick my ass. -gets a first-aid kit ready-

I've found that not being able to share is hard, haha. I'm so used to getting feedback from friends/family that it feels almost foreign to stow it away in a file and not print it out!

Concerning the idea post: The pictures didn't talk to me/inspire me at all and it made it extremely difficult to do the homework. Not to mention the fact that my brain sometimes doesn't quite "get it"...and whazzam, we've got issues. And not to mention that I hate homework. Hahah.

Nevertheless, my homework (and beware; it sucks):

Easiest picture was the angry people. Middle was the blue orb. Hardest picture was the houses.

First~

+What if he was a demon possessing a priest's body and she realizes it while trying to get him to perform an exorcism on her teenage punk daughter?

+What if he's a mime/clown and she recognizes him outside of the circus? What if she used to be apart of the circus, too?

+What if she's a fallen angel and he's the man in charge of 'extinguishing' her. What if she's his lover?

Second:

+What if that was the intricate centre of an entire world and one day it began to disintigrate?

+What if this was a dragon's eye, torn out by the harpies and given as a gift to a goddess? What if it's the goddess's job to bring that dragon back to life?

+What if a world was based on beings that looked like that -- how would they interact/communicate? what if they came to Earth?

Third:

+What if every person who lived in this house for over a week was cursed to walk out into the sea in their sleep and their bodies are never recovered. What if it was by their own free will?

+What if this path is the only gateway left into Atlantis? What if a couple of squatter girls living in the abandoned old cottages find their way in?

+What if a lonely, crazy cat-lady finds a wounded selkie washed up on shore and knowing the tales, realizes if she takes his skin, he will be with her forever and always?

---

Conclusion: No idea what I'm writing this week, which makes me leery. And I think I might've chipped a tooth... Lovely... Guess I'll go brainstorm?

2 comments:

Not sharing is pretty hard for me too. -sigh- I don't tend to share with many people, especially not if they tend to be snappy, but not being able to share with you and Sam is killing me! Ugh!

Those ideas are fine, Kodi. I'd say your brain came on board quite well :)

As for the sharing, hang in there. Really look at what you've written, without the benefit of other opinion. What do YOU think?